Thursday, January 1, 2009

OH DIRTY RIVER, COME LET ME IN

So I did it.

Yesterday, on New Year's Eve, I submitted my first book proposal. Despite my later appearance at Tiki Ti to sip sweet, rummy dranks with sweet, rummy people, this is how I truly let 2008 go raucously into the good night, my final truly meaningful act of the year.

For those of you who are curious, I submitted a proposal to Continuum's 33 1/3 series (33third.blogspot.com). Each book in the series is written by a different author and tackles a different album; I chose Sleater-Kinney's One Beat.

It will be some time before I receive my rejection letter, and maybe then I'll decide to post my proposal in an act of catharsis, but in the meantime, I offer a very heartfelt thanks to all of you who supported me along the way and congratulated me when I was high on a superbad combo of exhaustion and exaltation once I turned that bad boy loose to the emailverse.

I've called myself a writer for the last 7 or 8 years, but no matter the outcome, now it finally feels true.
Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment